Thursday, November 1, 2012

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny: Review, Photos, & Swatches



Let a little sunshine into your life for cheap, with NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder. It glides on easily for a sheer bronze glow that looks like you just stepped off the beach. It is easy to use everywhere and is perfect for quick touch-ups throughout the day. 

Benefits

Sun-kissed yet natural look year round without the damaging effects of the sun
Glides easily for sheer effect
Adds a tanned look in seconds
Can be worn alone or over makeup
Dermatologist tested 

Key Ingredients

A blend of micronized pigments and silica for smooth application
Kaolin to minimize pores and lines
Natural mineral powders
 
Where to Buy: CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, $2.99

The NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny ($2.99 for 0.33 oz.) is a matte warm brown shade that works particularly well for contouring. In the pan Sunny looks like it has a tad bit of orange to it, but comes across as a light choclaty brown on the skin. This is a product that I've raves about for years now but never really gave it any thought because NYC hasn't really been known for their quality, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this bronzer (especially for the winter)!

Texture:

 NYC Sunny is very smooth though a tad chalky feeling, it has no problems blending on the face and doesn't leave any harsh lines. When I dip my brush into Sunny it never crumbles like some other soft powders, which usually drives me crazy because it makes a huge mess!

Pigmentation:

It's a little odd because when you try and swatch the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny on your finger it takes a couple tries to really build it up, but I never have any issues getting it to be dark enough in one application. I naturally have pink undertones on my face but my neck is on the yellow side so I wear a yellow toned foundation, but never has Sunny turned orange on me though I could see that happening if you were any paler than NC20.

Staying Power:

Usually with Sunny I get about 4 hours of wear before noticeable fading starts occurring, but I'm happy to say it fades off in a natural way.

Packaging:

Certainly not the prettiest of compacts, but the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder packaging gets the job done. It's not really high quality, but its not like Wet n Wild compacts where you think it could break in half every time you open it! Though it is just plastic, it's a thicker plastic that protects the actual powder very well (mine as taken a few tumbles in my makeup bag and has come out okay every time). This NYC Bronzing Face Powder comes with a think little sponge to apply it with, but honestly who the heck is going to put bronzer on with a sponge? It's not even good quality, so just toss it out after you open up the compact for the first time. I do hate how hard Sunny is to close, you honestly have to use both hands in order to shut the compact, but I guess that's a plus since you don't have to worry it'll open up inside your purse, makeup bag, etc.

Final Verdict:

With the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder being only $2.99, you have no excuse not to buy it! NYC has never been a stand out brand in my opinion over the years, a lot of their products I just remember using when I was little and my mom wanted to satisfy my makeup lust with cheap thrills. But this truly is a stand out product, the color is fantastic for my NC20 skin tone in the winter and doesn't come across too harsh or orange. It blends like a dream and gives a very natural effect, though I wish the staying power was a bit better. I will say after a while my powder begins to get a hard layer on it, almost like the powder has oxidized a little? I end up having to scrap the top layer of it off. But for $2.99 what the hey, not a big deal.

 

2 comments:

  1. I like that it looks subtle and has a natural finish.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...