Saturday, October 20, 2012

DUPE: Urban Decay Naked Palette Eyeshadow in Sin


 The Urban Decay Naked Palette is one of my most coveted items, I use it every day without fault! Lately I've been cycling through my other eyeshadows to find a lot of them are similar to shades in the Naked Palette.

I'm going to start doing a lot more "DUPE" posts because nothing irritates me more than coming home with a new item only to find I pretty much have the exact same shade from another brand!

I used to think "dupe" meant a cheaper alternative to a higher priced item, but I don't know why it only just occurred to me that a dupe is really any product that looks or acts similar to another product no matter the price point.

So just recently I compared a shade in my collection to the eyeshadow Sin from the Naked Palette that are very similar in every way except cost!

 Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin
$50.00 for Naked Palette, $18.00 for single eyeshadow

This is one of Urban Decay's most popular eyeshadow shades not only because it is included in the Naked Palette, but because it is pretty much flattering on any skin tone! Sin is a champagne shade with a touch of pink that has a frosty borderline metallic looking finish. Its pigmented, smooth, fallout free, and blends like a dream.
 
 
 Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells
$2.99

 The Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells is a palette I've reviewed before HERE, and is probably my favorite eyeshadow formulation next to Urban Decay. The particular shade that is a close dupe to Sin is the one labeled "Eyelid", which is also a champagne shade that contains a lot more pink. Wet n Wild eyeshadows are fantastic in terms of pigmentation, smoothness, blendability but don't last very without fading/creasing and have issues with fallout.

Left: Urban Decay Sin, Right: Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio "Eyelid" Shade

 How do they Compare?

 Looking at the swatches you can see the Wet n Wild "Eyelid" shade has a lot more pink to it than Sin, but they both have the identical frosty-almost-metallic finish to them. When on the eye you virtually cannot tell the shades apart, I've even done a little test and worn one on each eye to work and no one noticed a thing!

The only real difference is in quality of the shadows. Like I said, the Wet n Wild shade has issues lasting all day on me, it tends to crease/fade and a lot of the time I get fallout after I apply it because the shadow is super, super soft.

Which one is for you?

 If you're on a budget, tend to be rough with your makeup, or are someone that doesn't have problems with getting their eyeshadow to last all day, the Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio is going to be the one to go with.

If you only wear neutral shades on your eyes, appreciate quality and quantity, have money to spend on higher end items, the Urban Decay Naked Palette is the way to go (or even the single Sin eyeshadow).

 Let me know which one you'd choose!

4 comments:

  1. Do more! This is exactly what I need :D
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to pick up a Wet N' Wild haul. I wish it wasn't so hard to get hold of in the UK! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine having Wet n Wild be hard to find, its always been that brand I've seen at every grocery and drugstore growing up!

      Delete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...