Friday, July 13, 2012

Guest Post: Seonaid's 5 Lip Product Picks for Summer!

Today's Lovely Guest:


Hey everyone!

It’s Seonaid here, from *Beauty and Baggage* . I’m so happy to be guest posting on Emily’s lovely blog. If you’re not subscribed already, get on it!

Today I’ll be showing you my top lip products for summer. I’m a firm believer that you should wear whatever you want, whatever the season, but in hotter or more humid weather, these are the textures and shades I reach for most often. Although, to be honest, if given the choice I’ll wear a matte red.

It’s been rainy and miserable here in Scotland, but I hear the States is suffering some extreme weather at the moment, so hopefully these hold up in the heat too!



1.     Sleek Pout Polish in Bare Minimum ($6.50): This is lovely neutral, sheer tub of gloss, that softens and adds shine. It can be a little sticky, but I tend to use a little amount and buff it in to my lips to smooth and even out my lips.

2.     Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti ($7.49): An easy to apply, glossy balm in a bright, summery orange. This is fun and warms the complexion without being too heavy.

3.     NARS Lipgloss in Wonder ($24.00): I steered clear of lipgloss for ages because I hate a sticky gloss. But this gloss is not tacky or gloopy in the slightest. It’s surprisingly pigmented, a warm, fruity orange that makes me think of summer immediately.

4.     Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush ($8.99): I spoke about these new balm stains on my blog recently, and this is my favourite colour of the three I bought. This is a satin-finish, crushed berry stain that makes me look like I’ve been eating blackberries all day. It’s long lasting even in hot weather and has a lovely minty scent.

5.     17 Lipstick in Day Glo: I felt bad about including this one, because 17 is a brand exclusive to UK drugstore Boots, and I’m pretty sure you can’t get it stateside. However, this is a lovely smooth watermelon pink. It’s gorgeous and totally summery! Hopefully you can find a dupe in the US drugstore.

You’ll see that I mostly went for colours that were reminiscent of fruits and berries – which I think are the hues we all go for in summertime. Hopefully this helped you with some ideas for your own lip stash!

S xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Revlon Balm Stains, I'm so tempted to get this shade you mentioned it looks so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...