Today's Lovely Guest:
It’s Seonaid here, from *Beauty and Baggage* . I’m so happy to be guest posting on Emily’s lovely blog. If you’re not subscribed already, get on it!
Today I’ll be showing you my top lip products for summer. I’m a firm believer that you should wear whatever you want, whatever the season, but in hotter or more humid weather, these are the textures and shades I reach for most often. Although, to be honest, if given the choice I’ll wear a matte red.
It’s been rainy and miserable here in Scotland, but I hear the States is suffering some extreme weather at the moment, so hopefully these hold up in the heat too!
1. Sleek Pout Polish in Bare Minimum ($6.50): This is lovely neutral, sheer tub of gloss, that softens and adds shine. It can be a little sticky, but I tend to use a little amount and buff it in to my lips to smooth and even out my lips.
2. Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti ($7.49): An easy to apply, glossy balm in a bright, summery orange. This is fun and warms the complexion without being too heavy.
3. NARS Lipgloss in Wonder ($24.00): I steered clear of lipgloss for ages because I hate a sticky gloss. But this gloss is not tacky or gloopy in the slightest. It’s surprisingly pigmented, a warm, fruity orange that makes me think of summer immediately.
4. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush ($8.99): I spoke about these new balm stains on my blog recently, and this is my favourite colour of the three I bought. This is a satin-finish, crushed berry stain that makes me look like I’ve been eating blackberries all day. It’s long lasting even in hot weather and has a lovely minty scent.
5. 17 Lipstick in Day Glo: I felt bad about including this one, because 17 is a brand exclusive to UK drugstore Boots, and I’m pretty sure you can’t get it stateside. However, this is a lovely smooth watermelon pink. It’s gorgeous and totally summery! Hopefully you can find a dupe in the US drugstore.
You’ll see that I mostly went for colours that were reminiscent of fruits and berries – which I think are the hues we all go for in summertime. Hopefully this helped you with some ideas for your own lip stash!