Friday, August 3, 2012

Guest Post: Yu's Best of the British High Street

Today's Lovely Guest:


Well hello, lovely readers of Massachusetts Mask! I'm guessing it's already pretty obvious that I've hijacked Emily's blog for the day - this is Yu from Let's MakeYuUp. As a reader from across the pond, I thought I'd take this opportunity to bring you the best of the British high street. Visiting the UK? Here for the Olympics? Live here? Look no further.


My favourite British brand has be Rimmel. Okay, yes, it's available in the US but hidden amongst the seemingly universal brand are specific items that are only available in certain countries. My must-have? The Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight. It's a perfect nude for us midtoned gals that find MAC Myth and Creme d'Nude a bit too.. corpse bride? Give this a shot if you can get your hands on it - will change your life forever ;)

Another fave has to be MUA - Make Up Academy. They are SO ridiculously affordable! Available exclusively at Superdrug, their items start from a mere £1. I think my favourite from them has to be their lip balms, that came out with their Love Hearts collection* - they're available online for £2 if you're interested! Their eyeshadow palettes are also a hit amongst us British bloggers - but I'm a bit behind and haven't tried them myself!

 
The last but not least is WHSmith - no, it's not a drugstore you've never heard of, it's actually a stationary store! But it has a firm place in the British beauty blogging world as many bloggers' first and possibly favourite storage option. Their biggest hit are their stationary drawers that have the perfect sized compartments for blusher, eyeliners, and eyeshadows. I wonder when WHSmith will catch on that their sales are not going to school girls, but a few dozen beauty addicts?

There's so much to be said about the British high street. It's great. I'm not from Britain, so I can tell you truly that your first experience on it will be - UHmazing. It's not quite a mall, and it's not quite an outdoor market. It's somewhere inbetween, and an experience to be had. And with these three recommendations, you're bound to love it as much as myself.
Until then - CHEERIO! *in a pathetic attempt at an English accent*

<3yu

*The yellow MUA lip balm was received for consideration. The other was purchased with my own money

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...