Thursday, July 4, 2013

June Favorites


1.) Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious- this is another item I got in my swap with the lovely Seonaid of Beauty & Baggage, and I've been using the first hot pink shade in particular out of this little blush palette like crazy! The pigmentation isn't that great but I actually like that when I'm going for more of a natural look on my cheeks. Unfortunately I don't think there's anywhere currently to get this in the US!

2.) Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat ($5.49)- I bought this a while back in a panic when my Seche Vite ran out and I couldn't make my way over to the beauty supply store to grab another one. I've been pleasantly surprised because Seche Vite was my be all and end all to top coats, but this one from Sally Hansen is a good contender. It doesn't dry quite as quickly, and you have to be careful otherwise you'll end up with obvious brush strokes, but I like that it's not as thick so I can actually get use out of the entire bottle unlike Seche Vite where it's goopy half way through!

3.) e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set ($3.00)- Recently I've been experimenting with setting sprays since they seem to be a popular makeup item at the moment, and grabbed the e.l.f. one so I could try it without breaking the bank! I don't see any differences with how long my makeup lasts, but I really love to spray this on after my foundation/concealer and I find that it really gives a gorgeous skin like finish, good if you tend to get a little cakey!

4.) e.l.f. Essentials Eyelash & Brow Wand ($1.00)- After getting tired of trying to use the spoolie brushes that came on the end of old eyebrow products, I finally bought one and I sure as hell wasn't going to spend a lot of money on such a basic item so I turned to e.l.f.! It's been exactly what I needed, sturdy and easy to clean all for $1.00.

5.) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Corrector + Treatment Concealer in Light ($9.99)- As you guys know I suffer from a lot of hyperpigmentation so any concealer that claims to help that I will be all over! I haven't been using this long enough to notice any changes in my actual dark spots, but it gives excellent buildable coverage in a peachy color to help counteract that blueish/purple color and actually looks natural which is a big plus.

6.) Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Firecracker- Unfortunately Revlon just revamped their Super Lustrous Lip Gloss line so this exact shade isn't available anymore (unless you check clearance at the drugstore) but you can check out the new colors here! Firecracker looks like a very jelly red in the tube but comes out as a gorgeous orange shade, perfect for summer.

So what did you guys love in the month of June?


L to R: Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Firecracker

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...