Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Travel Makeup Bag!


Hey guys! I was going through all of my old posts and realized I haven't done a "What's in my Travel Makeup Bag" post in almost an entire year! This was my last one from October 2011. I don't travel that much, mostly back and forth between my mom's/dad's house but last time I was away for Labor Day I snapped some pictures to show you what I take with me!

 When I'm traveling I really try my best to keep my makeup as simple as possible, which to me means only use brushes when you absolutely have to and bring products that can multitask! I plan out the look I'm going for ahead of time to make sure I don't bring anything more than I need/don't forget anything. On this trip I actually only used the brushes/applicators that came with the makeup (that's a first)!

I also make a general rule to not bring any makeup that I would absolutely cry over if it got broken or lost (because I'm too damn materialistic haha) which means no MAC blushes, no Urban Decay Naked Palette, no Revlon Lip Butters!
Face:

 Tarte Clean Slate Flawless 12-hr Brightening Primer

I grabbed this in a haul from Sephora a while back and thought this was the perfect time to try it out because I didn't really want to lug the big glass bottle of my Reviva Labs Makeup Primer around. To be honest, if I hadn't of seen myself put it on I wouldn't have believed I was wearing a primer. Other than the fact the Tarte Clean Slate Brightening Primer smells delicious (very citrus-y) it doesn't actually do anything! My skin wasn't brightening, it didn't help my makeup glide on, it didn't help control oil. Little bit of a disappointment!


Anyone who's been reading this blog for a while knows I don't go anywhere without my trust Revlon ColorStay! I always use this when I just need something to be hassle-free and cover my imperfections when I'm going to be somewhere other than my vanity with crap lighting.

MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer in NW20

This has just always been my go-to concealer, really helps to cover my hyperpigmentation left over from acne!


I used to be in love with this powder and ended up repurchasing it before I found out about MAC's Blot Powder! The only reason I brought this along with me is because I'm trying to use it up (it seriously is like the never ending compact!) I don't quite care if this ever gets smashed so it always accompanies me on trips.

Cheeks:

The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer

This has been my go-to bronzer for contouring my cheeks ever since I got sent it from Apothica! Sadly its getting to be a bit too dark for me so I'll have to switch to something lighter for the colder months.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Goddess

I mentioned this in my August Favorites, and since I was going to be wearing such a bright orange lip I wanted to just have simple cheeks with a more red toned bronzer.


To keep with the whole bronzey cheek look I was going for this weekend I brought a beige-y highlighter to make me look very glowy!


Eyes

e.l.f. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

I wasn't going to be wearing any eyeshadow that weekend so I wouldn't have to bring an arsenal of brushes but I wanted a big of a golden highlight so e.l.f.'s Gotta Glow was my product of choice! I don't know why I don't use this more often, it looks stunning on the browbone.

COVERGIRL Last Blast Mascara

Another one of those products I know I can use without fail!The closest I've come to finding a holy grail mascara.

Revlon Eyelash Curler

I don't know what it is about eyelash curlers, but I've never had any of the ones I've bought in the past actually work for me, the only one that managed to curl my lashes with ease was a cheap-y no brand eyelash curler from the dollar store! I'm not a fan of this one, there's a ton of resistance when you try to clamp down on your lashes so I end up having to strain and attempt to try and get it to curl, which I never really does!

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil in Soft Brown

This is one of the products I mentioned in my eyebrow routine!

Sephora Clear Defining Mascara

Another product from my eyebrow routine!

Lips

NYX Round Lipstick in Femme

A statement lip way is a perfect and easy way to spice up a simple look. This has quickly become one of my favorite shades and I really wish we had just one more month of summer left so I could wear it some more! Femme is another product that I had in last month's favorites, where you can see swatches.

Benefit Benetint

I've had this mini sample for about 2 years and its taken this long to actually use it because I HATE this stuff! I used to see it all the time on YouTube but no way was I going to shell out $29.00 for the full size, so I bought a mini sample. I just can't stand how it smells like rose water and sinks into every crevice of my lips, on my cheeks I have to really layer it to get any color and then my fingers always end up stained. So many other products that I'd just rather use! I have found however that the Benetint stain is perfect for making fake bruises for Halloween tutorials (I may actually attempt to do some this year)!

So this was everything I brought with me the last time I traveled, what do you keep in your makeup bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...