Wednesday, October 5, 2011

September Favorites!


 Stila Smudge Pot in "Kitten"

For some reason I've been REALLY into cream shadows this month (it must be the MAC Posh Paradise collection with the 8 new Paint Pots, I need to get me some of those)! "Kitten" is a super neutral champagne color that is quite shimmery so it completely brightens up the eye area. I've been sweeping this across my lid pretty much every day  in September (or some days using it as a base for the Wet n Wild trio colors since their lasting power isn't strong) with the brown shade in the Wet n Wild "Walking On Eggshells" Trio in the crease. I never get any creasing with this Stila Smudge Pot when I put my Too Faced Shadow Insurance underneath, so its a complete winner in my books!

e.l.f. Studio Blush in "Peachy Keen"

I've been in quite the blush-rut this month, nothing has been striking me fancy lately (which is such a shocker since my blush collection is massive...) so I've been sticking to some lighter, shimmery colors. "Peachy Keen" barely shows up on my skin, but it does give the most gorgeous glow that looks like almost nothing is there! The staying power is not so great, but I will definitely compromise on that for the lovely sheen I get from this color!

Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in "180 Sand Beige"

This is the first liquid foundation I've tried in a long, long time since I'm usually too afraid I'll get oily throughout the day, but this is a new holy grail item! I'm absolutely in love with how much coverage you can get from this Revlon ColorStay foundation, it covers everything you can imagine but can also be sheered out for those days you don't need full-coverage. As long as I set this with a powder I'm good to go for about 2 hours without the need to blot (that is massively long for me)! This will surely be a favorite for months to come.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Trio in "Walking on Eggshells"

My absolute favorite shade from this trio is the brown, its a dream to blend and is so incredibly pigmented! I've been throwing it in my crease this entire month, while also sometimes using the shimmery white and pink-champagne color on occasions when I want to mix it up. As long as I use a base and primer with these shadows I'm good to go all day. For only $2.99 you really can't go wrong!

TOCCA Eau de Parfum "Stella"

I got this as a sample with an order I made online and it has completely replaced all my Bath & Body Works goodies! Its definitely more of a "mature" smell, nothing fruity, more floral-y and musk-y. I would love to purchase the full-size of this perfume, but everywhere I look its super expensive. If you know of anywhere I can get it for a decent price, let me know!

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

Just like my recent cream eyeshadow kick, I've been loving lip tins! The Burt's Bees one is great because it has peppermint oil in it which gives your lips that tingly effect that I love! And of course, just like every other Burt's Bees lip product, its incredibly moisturizing which is what I need now that the weather is starting to get colder!

7 comments:

  1. Hate the way I cant get Wet n Wild in Ireland, love Revlon ColourStay tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any of these products, but I really want to try all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wnw walking on eggshells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually wanted to try Revlon Colorstay too, if it's in your favorites then maybe I shall pursue on putting it in my 'to buy list'

    PS. Come join my ongoing giveaway on my blog. Thanks.

    xoxo,
    LoveSkinBest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that wet n wild palette I haven't bought that one yet but I've been looking for it. I've been hearing such great reviews about the revlon colorstay foundation, that I can't wait to try it (I'm on a no buy makeup for a month - or at least trying not to)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gutter I can't get wet 'n' wild in England love the pallets

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LAURA*LOVES*MAKEUP Oh my gosh, I couldn't imagine living without Wet n Wild! They're just one of those brands that are so cheap and reliable, you should try finding them on ebay!

    @Vida You should pick up some of them, they are mostly really affordable, you won't regret it :)!

    @Miranda It definitely doesn't disappoint!

    @Myrted Make sure you buy it when there's a drugstore sale, it'll save you some money!

    @Beauty on a College budget Psha, get rid of that "no buying makeup for a month" ;) Next time Wet n Wild is 40% off at the drugstore I'm going to grab all the palettes, they are fab, you should do the same (they'll only be a $1.79 each)! Pretty much all Revlon foundations are great, you really can't go wrong with them!

    @TheLoopyLocket Awh, try ebay, they are definitely worth any shipping costs!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...