Monday, January 14, 2013

Two Tricky Lipsticks!


If you've been involved in the online beauty community for a while you know there's always certain products/shades that are often talked about and impossible to find! Two little gems that happen to fall under that category are Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Black Cherry and Cherries in The Snow (funny they both happen to have cherry related names).


I have been on the hunt for these babies for the longest time. Every drugstore that I happen to check for them the little slot they're supposed to be in is always empty or the last one has been opened.


 Cherries in the Snow is a gorgeous pink-y red shade that I've found myself reaching for constantly during the holiday season (and even now that it's over). It's not quite a super wam-bam red shade that takes a lot of guts to put on and walk out of the house, it's a little bit more subdued with the pink undertone.

Black Cherry looks very intimidating in the tube but from the swatch you can see it's a beautiful purple wine shade that was totally on trend in the fall (why couldn't I have found this earlier?!). I'll admit I haven't quite found the confidence to wear this one yet but I still love looking at it in the tube for now!

This was my first experience with the Super Lustrous line from Revlon and it was not disappointing! You guys know I'm a huge fan of the ColorBurst Lipsticks as they're like my holy grail  (I've been hearing rumors it's been discontinued though and they aren't on Revlon's website anymore!) so I'm always weary to try new lipsticks.

But the Super Lustrous line is super similar to the ColorBurst, I actually find them way more moisturizing and the color selection is amazing. So am I really sad the ColorBurst line is possibly discontinued? No because these are even better!
 
Cherries in the Snow, Black Cherry

Have you guys ever tried any of the Super Lustrous lipsticks? Any more must-have shades?
 

3 comments:

  1. both of those are pretty. I love Revlon lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Black cherry looks so good. Would check them out for sure. Thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried their lipsticks yet. I'm a bit of a snob/picky when it comes to lipsticks. I usually use either MAC or NYX lipsticks. I've tried covergirl, and rimmel and haven't been impressed.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...