Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spring Haul!


I've been taking it pretty easy lately with buying new makeup, but with the weather finally warming up and stepping into Spring I thought I'd treat myself to a couple new goodies (and some essentials)!


Bath & Body Works:

Nail Files ($1.00)- I've always been a big fan of the Bath & Body Works nail files, they last me quite a long time without getting dull and how can you say no to the cute patterns?!

Beautiful Day Mini Eau de Toilette (full size $29.50)- When Beautiful Day fist launched they had mini preview versions of the Eau de Toilette and I picked one up on a whim without really smelling it figuring this would make a good addition to my purse. The fragrance is actually amazing, it has green apple to it so a little bit sweet but still floral with notes like peony.


Nail Polish:

Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Disco Dress, Editorial, and Warhol ($8.00)- I had some coupons for a free Color Club Nail Polish from one of the local beauty supply stores around here but as you can tell I ended up walking out with three of them because I couldn't decide! I grabbed a gorgeous neon purple and pink, and a not-so-in-season metallic brown shade that looks green in different light.


MAC:

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Vintage Selection ($18.50)- I was beyond excited to find out MAC was bringing back a bunch of Paint Pots from previous collections and making them permanent with the new Pro Longwear Paint Pot collection so of course I had to get one (I need another cream eyeshadow like I need another hole in the head)! I picked Vintage Selection thinking you can never have too many of the peachy-beige shades. This one is a bit unique because it has some quite chunky silver glitter to it.


Drugstore:
  
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Nude ($13.99)- I finished up my Revon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin so I decided to try out the newest addition to the Colorstay line. I picked up the shade Nude which is really quite pink on my skin (I've always had that problem with Revlon) so I find the color a little hard to wear, but other than that I really love the buildable coverage and really natural finish! If you guys know of any shades for this foundation that would be close to an NC20 please let me know!

CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Very Black ($8.99)- I'm in such a mascara rut lately, CoverGirl usually works great for me but the Clump Crusher was a huge disappointment so I'm trying to find something that really gives me the volume and length I want. I just opened this tube a couple days ago and I'm really not impressed, it barely gives me any volume and the brush is humongous (I'm not sure if it's the same brush as the LashBlast Volume which oddly enough works fine for me) so I always end up stabbing myself in the eye with it!

CoverGirl LashBlast 24 Hour Mascara in Very Black ($8.99)- Another attempt at trying to find a mascara to meet all my needs, I'm giving CoverGirl one last chance with the fairly new 24 Hour LashBlast! I have yet to open up this one, so if you've tried it let me know your thoughts!

Have you guys bought anything new for spring?

1 comment:

  1. I've been buying too much this Spring. :( I think I have a makeup buying problem. My favorite mascara of the moment is Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...